Friday, February 6, 2009

the Art in my life

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." Picasso.

i really believe this. we are a house of artists. the boys, artists by the fact that they are children. tim, the musician and song writer. me? well, thats a little harder to define. for those very few, very loved friends of mine, you've seen my art in the form of a handmade journal. or perhaps you've stumbled upon my hidden drawings. regardless, i have always wished i was an artist. and i think, if i were more childlike in my approach to art, you'd all get to see it. I hide it for fear of it being judged. but this week i attended my son's art show at grace. he couldnt have been more proud. he showed his art to me absolutely beaming. and i thought, it was the very best art i have ever seen. that is not just from a mom being kind to her son. i think it comes from seeing his face. he was proud and, darn it, so was i.


IMG_0225



zebra

1 comment:

rsbg said...

what a beautiful zebra!!!! and the smile on Harrison's face... PRICELESS! I swear you have the cutest kids I've ever seen!!!!