Saturday, January 29, 2011

Iced coffee

I love coffee. Coffee of almost any kind. It is one of my favorite things. (but not the HEB off brand- yuck, even the great value walmart brand is better than the HEB brand). - your welcome-

Back to the point. I like the iced coffee that starbucks makes but at this point in our lives, I dont like their prices. so, i concocted a recipe that in my opinion is really good and quite possibly better than starbucks. :)

Heres the recipe:

1 cup of room temperature coffee. (i just use whatever is left in the coffee pot from that morning)

2 tablespoons (or more- to taste) of dulche de leche (found by the eagle band condensed milk in the grocery store)
note: I buy it in the can, and scoop the left over into a glass jar and store it in my fridge.

2 tablespoons of sugar

homemade whipping cream (i whip the cream with a tablespoon or so of sugar, and vanilla)

Warm the Dulche de Leche in the microwave for 20-30 sec. add it to a cup of coffee. Stir and mix really well. add the 2 tbsp. of sugar. stir again. pour over ice, add tons :) of whipped cream to the top. add a straw, and call me to thank me later. :)

No comments: