Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Ikea Idea

I only have time for a quick post this morning but I just had to share. I call this an Ikea hack but not sure if it truly qualifies as I didnt necessarily modify the item, just re purposed it.

This is a magazine file/holder. It came from Ikea (thanks Aaron!). I love it because it isnt paper or plastic. Its wood. It can be painted, stained, colored :), whatever. I didnt do anything to this particular one because, well, it IS inside my cabinet.
I added the Command Velcro hanging strips to the back (you could screw it in if desired but Im lazy) and stuck it to the inside bathroom cabinet door and voila! curling iron storage.

photo2

photo2

10 comments:

teachermom said...

Love it! Although we do not have an IKEA nearby, I am going to scrounge around to see if I can find one and make one myself. Thanks for the idea!

Teri said...

I LOVE this idea! I found a link to you on Pinterest, and I added a link to it in my blog post today. You can find that here: http://pursuitofscrappyness.blogspot.com/2011/07/bathroom-reorganization.html Have an awesome day! :)

sarah. said...

I'm going to try this. Darn IKEA.

Neuffj said...

Love this idea! I am going to try it out!

Vickie said...

I ❤ this idea! I appreciate you telling where to buy the magazine holder. This will be a big space helper in my bathroom.
And, I so glad you said, "voila!" and not WaLaa like some dopes ;)

cath2laugh said...

The Ikea near me does not have the wooden magazine holders anymore. :( I was so sad! Thanks for the Idea though, I will keep looking around for something similar. :)

alemadrid00 said...

Cool idea! Thank you for sharing it.

Leigh Powell said...

Try Staples or Walmart

Leigh Powell said...

Try Staples or Walmart

joy said...

Great idea!