Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wall Map

I had a great idea one day. I would decorate the boys room with old wall maps. yeah right. i perused ebay, etsy, craigslist... only to find it would cost me quite a bit- those old maps we hated in elementary school that the teachers pulled down and pointed to with a long "i-am-the-teacher-and-in-control power dowel rod", well, who'da known, they'd be so expensive later in life. to the tunes of a couple hundred bucks! for ONE!
well, i decided Id make my own. My way. i figured chalkboard, eraseable. so I could quiz the boys. and add my notes, trips, hometowns... you get the idea.

here's what I came up with:

the white outline of the united states and the state lines are permanent. Everything else is chalked in and can be erased. and I am thrilled with the results. I decided to add them to my etsy shop.
IMG_0010
Ill make anyone a fabric chalkboard map custom sized and detailed. Want the states labled? sure thing. Want a map of your state? ok. want it smaller? or larger? Ill do it.
you can find them here:

1 comment:

joy said...

This is such a great idea! - Have they located where Nina & D and Mamaw and Papaw live?