Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our weight loss journey

Let me start by saying Ive really struggled with this post. Ive had tons of questions and people wanting to know more about what Tim and I have been doing regarding our weight loss but its always so hard for me because I get incredibly uncomfortable in the spot light. (i'll leave that to Tim!)
But I told myself when I reached the 40 lb loss mark Id post about our process.
So, (deep breath), here it is:

Most of you know in February, I thought Tim was going to have a baby. I found him pacing the floor, sweating, panting, and saying things I wont repeat. So, from my experience, that = baby coming soon.
After I told him that either he is about to have a baby or needs to get to the ER, he went.
Aaron (our ever present help) came to the rescue and took Tim to the ER while I found help to watch the kids. When the kids were all shuttled to helpful friends, I went to be with Tim in the hospital.
The Dr told me he would be there for 4-5 days, that he had pancreatitis. I wont say what I said but it wasn't pretty.
After a couple visits to the hospital and loads of tests we came to the conclusion he needed to get his triglycerides under control. He could possibly do that by controlling his weight or get his gall bladder out. We weren't sure if the weight control would work but we wanted to try.
Tim researched and found out about the Warrior Diet. He convinced me we should give it a try. So we did. We were on the warrior diet from February through June. In that time I lost 35 lbs and Tim lost 65 lbs. Since then, we've managed our calories and Tim added exercise. He now has a total loss of 76 lbs and Ive lost 40lbs.
Here are a couple before and after pictures: (cringe)


left: size 14 & 174lbs. right: size 6 & 134 lbs


on the left: size 14 & 180 lbs On Right: size 6 & 134 lbs


And here is Tim:

left: 253 lbs. size 42 pants right: 180 lbs size 34 pants


Tim has recently been doing an exercise program called tapout to strengthen and get in better shape.
I jog when I can.



here is both of us:

Here is the breakdown:
February:
Tim- 253 lbs 6'2" tall size 42 pants
Tara-174lbs 5'5" tall size 14
June:
Tim- 180 lbs 6'2" tall size 34 pants
Tara- 140 lbs 5'5" tall size 8
Sept:
Tim- 177lbs. 6'2" tall size 32pants
Tara-134lbs 5'5" tall size 6

5 comments:

Cheyanne said...

This is really crazy to see the before and after photos! So proud of you guys! You look amazing!

joy said...

Wow!!! Great results! Y'all look so good!

Lori B. said...

This is amazing. Congratulations. I also love that ya'll did it together. I have heard so many people say how hard it is when partners are pulling in different directions, one trying to lose weight and one being dead weight!

Jenny said...

so happy for y'all, you both look amazing (really the pictures do not do it justice)!

Anonymous said...

check [URL=http://e--store.com/]coach handbags outlet[/URL] online shopping qVVAcoRs [URL=http://e--store.com/ ] http://e--store.com/ [/URL]