Thursday, February 21, 2013

Calendar Journaling

I have always journaled. And I believe with every fiber of me that handwriting holds something so beautiful. No one else on planet earth has the same handwriting that you do.

The note my father hand wrote will forever be one of my most precious possessions.

I have advocated especially in this text/twitter/email age to please please please write notes to your children. Journal. They will treasure those things.

My grandmother's hand written recipe cards are treasures.

I give journals as gifts often so my friends will write their thoughts, prayers, songs, ideas, pains, and praises down on paper so their family can have it.

I also use my calendar as a journal/note place. I just don't have the time to scrapbook, but keeping a note of a special day on my calendar helps me remember special events. I save my calendars as a journal of sorts.

My calendar pages progress through the month. I never just sit down and fill up a calendar page. Its a piece here, an important trinket, page of a note from my baby boy, quotes from a sermon, lyrics from a worship song, whatever comes up. And what is always striking, is when I look back at the end of the month, it never fails to reflect my journey through the days.

Here is a look at a couple of my calendar pages:



Untitled


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

1 comment:

joy said...

Each one of these is a piece of art! Lovely, lovely, lovely!