Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"An Ambush," said Owl, "is a sort of Surprise."


For a birthday of mine a couple years ago, my husband made me an owl house. I wrote about it here: http://thesuels.blogspot.com/2011/02/owl-take-it.html

Each year, our owl comes back, sets up shop then leaves during the winter. I understand that male owls have to have a home to show a potential female. If she approves, bingo. Owls are pretty smart, huh? :)

Recently a pesky squirrel decided to move in while Mr. Owl was away at his winter home. I warned the squirrel. I even hosed the guy with a water hose to make him move on. He didn't.

Mr. Owl is back. and he dominated.

:)

We have enjoyed watching our owl. The owl house was easy to make,  here are some instructions: http://www.owlcam.com/whatever/boxbuild.htm

 Owls are AWESOME rodent eliminators, screech owls in particular love those big tree roaches (shudder!!) that fact alone makes him my new best friend. And makes we want to set up 78 more owl houses. {{{{still got the willies}}}} tree roaches are demonic. In case you didn't know. Here's a few pictures I snapped this morning. He's been keeping watch over the tile guys comings and goings.....







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ηowdy! I knoω thiѕ iѕ kіnda off tοpіc but I'd figured I'ԁ ask.
Would уou be interested in exchanging linkѕ or maybe guеst writing a blog post or vice-versa?
My sitе aԁdresseѕ a lot of the same topіcs as yοurs and І feеl we сould gгeatly benеfit from eаch other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

Feel free to visit my web site: augenlasern