Monday, March 10, 2014

Top 20 Reasons to do Antique Week in Round Top, Texas

Many of you know I work at Marburger Farm Antique Show in Round Top, Texas. I go to Round Top and live down there twice a year for ten days.

Because I've been working on all things Marburger, and antique week is RAPIDLY approaching,  I offer you my top 20 reasons you MUST give Antique Week a go.

Top 20 reasons you should visit Round Top Texas during Antique Week

1.  Round Top, Texas is a tiny town, populatation NINETY, but during Antique Week, there are tens of thousands that descend on this quaint town. This alone is worth seeing.
2. Someone taking a picture of you shopping could land you smack in the center of an issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine.
3. Drinking iced tea on the porch of a 100 year old Bingo Hall.
4. World class artists at Marburger. "What? oh, you don't say? You sell for Anthropology and are on the cover of Uncommon Goods?? I didn't know that....no, I didn't stalk your art like a crazy person and come running to see you..."
5. Shopping for rare, incredible antiques with longhorns standing in fields of bluebonnets as your backdrop.
6. This is the ONLY place and time in my life I can hail a guy on a golf cart and he jump at the chance to haul my items all over tarnation and deposit me at the end of the day at my car.
7. Marburitas at the Blacksmith Bar after a long day of shopping.
8. Sheriffs on horse back keeping order. Everytime I see them I have to suppress the desire to yell, "Keep ordah, here!" in my spot-on British accent.
9. Telling your friends you'll meet them in the Silver Dollar Saloon after you finish in the Dance Hall.
10.  Bud’s Chocolate Chip Pie from Pie Haven. Ok, let’s be honest here. ANYTHING from Pie Haven.
11. The chance to accidentally (accidentally on purpose) bump into Matthew McConaughey, Tori Spelling, or Miranda Lambert at the Kettle Corn booth.
12. Junk Gypsy as seen on HGTV. Yehaw.
13. Prom Night. Yes, there is a prom night for all ages (over 21) and costumes like a light up two person gondola and working lamps that are stunning and bizarre. My two favorite combinations.
14. People watching (see #13)
15. There are over 20 venues of antiques spread throughout Round Top, Warrenton, Giddings, Carmine, Fayettville, and Burton. (but the best is Marburger's 43 acres packed with antiques!)
16. Road Trip with girlfriends!
17. Fried food on sticks.
18. Seeing a helicopter land in the back field to deposit shoppers at Marburger. (um, hello best way to travel, EVER.)
19. The chance to wear your cowboy boots and say "y'all" a lot.
20. We set up a treasure hunt for you with antiques from around the world. 'nuff said.



I hope to see y'all April 1-5th at Marburger Farm Antique Show


No comments: